Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 09.12.2003, 05:33   #17
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard zusaetzliche Info aus roadfly - es kann nie genug sein ;-)

Thanks to all past and previous posters re: the wealth of info on the LKM fix. Having previously gone through the Mustard Relay problem (my repair worked for a year, then I broke down and bought a new relay) I felt up to the task of trying to fix the LKM.

I have some additional notes regarding this problem that might aid someone in the future searching the archives.

My particular symptoms were as follows: Low beam on right side went out. No dash warning (which is a good sign pointing to the LKM), along with my dash blanking out periodically as well as the instructions reverting to German.

First off, I can confirm that on the older boards, the ones with the 3 relays, that the outer relay among the pair is for the right low-beam (I know this info is probably posted elsewhere, but when I did my search it wasn't totally clear).

Secondly, some of the diagrams may be a bit misleading in that there was one particular solder point (see FAR LEFT, TOP)
that was causing the problem for me, and that when I did my first attempt at resoldering I didn't think to look at this spot since it didn't seem to be included among the several pics I have seen. Anyways, it turned out that there was a hairline crack all around this particular one, and as soon as I added a bit of solder and re-inserted the LKM, voila... success!

Very curious in my situation is that I noticed that the LKM had previously had some re-solder work... done all along the bottom contacts. Now, a BMW Dealer wouldn't have done this right? (I'm sure they would have just replaced it). I'm thinking that perhaps the previous owner had a mechanic who did the same fix (excluding the location I did above) some time ago. Time to have a chat with dear old Dad....

[Bearbeitet am 9.12.2003 um 13:34 von Erich. Grund: Schreibfehler]
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten