Sie sind nicht angemeldet! Jetzt interner Link kostenlos im Forum registrieren, weniger Werbung sehen, aktiv teilnehmen und weitere Vorteile nutzen! Diese Website nutzt Cookies. Bitte beachten Sie unsere interner Link Datenschutzerklärung.
  Start » Forum Impressum/Datenschutz | Site-Map
7-forum.com   ModelleForummein.7erService

Forumsfunktionen

Modell E65/E66
 Varianten
 Detail-Infos
 Interaktiv
- Anzeige -

Zurück   BMW 7er-Forum > BMW 7er Modelle > BMW 7er, Modell E65/E66

Antwort

Thema teilen Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 12.09.2010, 21:26   #1
silver50
Neues Mitglied

Standard English Speakers? Audio Upgrade Help!

Hi Guys,

I need your help here again. I am in Edinburgh, Scotland. Due to most big forum's being USA based I cannot find any information. The E65's in the USA do not have the basic E65 hi-fi system with no seperate amplifier. They are all Logic 7 and "hi-fi speaker system.

I would like to add my own amplifier to power bigger subwoofers. I have a pair of Logic 7 subwoofers.

I would like to ask

1) Do the rear speakers have "full range" to provide an output to an amplifier for a subwoofer?

2) BMW wiring diagrams suggest the subwoofers under the front seats are wired in "series" with the front door speakers. This makes it difficult to get an output here for an amplifier.

3) Any information on adding an amplifier to the basic sound system would be very welcome!

I am sorry to come here with no understanding of German speaking but hope you can help.

Many Thanks
silver50 ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 12.09.2010, 21:52   #2
orel66
كَلِماتٌ مُطابِقَة

Benutzerbild von orel66

Fahrzeug: G11 750i (09.16), R1200GS (05.11)
Standard

Welcome Scott from Scottland

1. Yes, the rear speakers in the basic Hi-Fi have "full range"

2. Only the basic Hi-Fi are wired in "series" with the front door speakers.

What are you want to do exactly - replace the basic-subwoofer with Logic 7 subs? Original wiring should be stay, or you want additional subwoofers amplifier?
orel66 ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 12.09.2010, 22:17   #3
silver50
Neues Mitglied

Standard

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I just want to replace the subwoofers with Logic 7 ones I already have and add some power to the system. I have an Audiocontrol LC6i speaker to line level convertor too.

I wanted to go ahead with this two years ago when I bought the car but it looked like it was going to be quite difficult!
Alt 12.09.2010, 22:23   #4
silver50
Neues Mitglied

Standard

......I feel that unless I can get some good advice on how to do this I will have to give up again!

It always sounds relatively simple but ends up throwing up questions like

1) Where do I pick up the speaker input from (if the rear speakers are full range this may help a lot)

2) Do I just disconnect the basic subwoofers and join up the cable (to make a circuit)

3) Do I have to worry about speaker impedance problems

It must be one of the trickiest cars to do this kind of thing on. I have not struggled so much before!!
Alt 13.09.2010, 09:05   #5
orel66
كَلِماتٌ مُطابِقَة

Benutzerbild von orel66

Fahrzeug: G11 750i (09.16), R1200GS (05.11)
Standard

1. You can take the signal from the rear speakers, but the speaker should not remain connected to the ASK.

2. If you only connect the cable (short circuit) instead of the subwoofer, you can get problems with the impedance. As far as I know, front speaker have 4 Ohm, and subwoofer 2 ohm = makes 6 ohm total.
Without a sub and only 4 ohm, you can easily overload the ASK (when you play louder )

I recommend to disconnect the front speakers from ASK, use the front signal for Audiocontrol LC6i and put a 4-channel amplifier: 2 for the front, and 2 for the subwoofers.
The rear speakers can remain connected to the ASK.
orel66 ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 13.09.2010, 11:18   #6
krie6hofv

Benutzerbild von krie6hofv

Standard

Er will doch eh einen eigenen Verstärker für die Subwoofer nehmen
Also kann er doch einfach einen High-Low-Apdater an einen der hinteren Lautsprecher hängen und das Signal so in Bass-Endstufe bringen.
Dann braucht er sich auch über die Ansteuerung und über die Impedanzen bei ASK usw. keinen Kopf zu machen.
Mit Highpass- und Subsonic- Filtern kann er den "Arbeitsbereich" der Subwoofer dann über die Endstufe anpassen.
Alt 13.09.2010, 13:32   #7
silver50
Neues Mitglied

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von orel66 Beitrag anzeigen
1. You can take the signal from the rear speakers, but the speaker should not remain connected to the ASK.

2. If you only connect the cable (short circuit) instead of the subwoofer, you can get problems with the impedance. As far as I know, front speaker have 4 Ohm, and subwoofer 2 ohm = makes 6 ohm total.
Without a sub and only 4 ohm, you can easily overload the ASK (when you play louder )

I recommend to disconnect the front speakers from ASK, use the front signal for Audiocontrol LC6i and put a 4-channel amplifier: 2 for the front, and 2 for the subwoofers.
The rear speakers can remain connected to the ASK.
Many Thanks orel66,

You are right, probably the best idea. Unfortunately I found accessing the ASK quite difficult, but hopefully I could get some help.

I am glad you have an understanding of my problem regarding disconnecting the subwoofers, and I appreciate your input on it. However, I cannot understand that as an example if you had "hi-fi speaker system" with a seperate amplifier that the front speakers would be the same but not connected at all to a subwoofer. Do you see what I mean?

I actually have fitted the Logic 7 speakers in my front doors, I don't know if this has much bearing on it. I know there is slight impedance difference here also, but do you see what I mean, that a Logic 7 car, or a hi-fi speaker car, will both run thier front speakers directly, so for that reason although I appreciate what you say, I do not understand why it shouldn't be ok to just take the subwoofers out of the picture.
Antwort