Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 25.12.2003, 10:45   #10
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard Umbau vollendet

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) Schalter

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) Pedale

Text:

(gotta clean that carpet!)

Once I sorted out the pedal cluster business, the remaining work went fast. I borrowed a pressure bleeder & that made short work of bleeding the clutch. I ended up snipping the crimp off of one of the spare nipples on the brake fluid reservoir & that feeds the clutch master cylinder via a tube whice goes thru the firewall behind the brake vacuum booster.

The road test went well, gotta get rid of the 4.27 diff now :-( turns ~3750 rpm at 80 mph but 1st gear is a terror. I dusted an e46 330i with ease on the way home. Joe, you're right, the clutch stinks to high heavens during the break-in.

All that's left is to button up the underside of the dash by the pedals and access pin #33 on the TCU to jump it to ground to extinguish the "Trans Program Error", which I can ignore now :-)

The cruise control wtill works & even cancels instantly when depressing the clutch, as it should.

All-in-all it wasn't a difficult job at all, the drivetrain labor is extremely straight forward, nothing more than the sum of a muffler job, driveshaft job, clutch job, linkage rebuild, etc, only one has to do all of them, all at once. The pedal swap was the biggest pain of the whole job. Actually, feeding the hydraulic tube for the clutch thru the firewall wasn't too bad. I fed the pre-bent BMW part thru from underneath and screwed it into the end of the master cylinder from the inside before mounting the cylinder in place. Pre-filling the master & slave cylinders on the bench made the final bleeding go much faster & the pressure bleeder made it all too easy, gotta make one from a weed sprayer. I ran it at 5 psi & did just fine.

Many thanks to the members of this board and bimmer.info, without your collective help, the swap might never have happened.

Regards,

gale
92 735im, 161k
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten