Sie sind nicht angemeldet! Jetzt interner Link kostenlos im Forum registrieren, weniger Werbung sehen, aktiv teilnehmen und weitere Vorteile nutzen! Diese Website nutzt Cookies. Bitte beachten Sie unsere interner Link Datenschutzerklärung.
  Start » Forum Impressum/Datenschutz | Site-Map
7-forum.com   ModelleForummein.7erService

Forumsfunktionen

BMW 7er, Modell E38
 Varianten
 interner Link 12-Zylinder-Benziner
 Detail-Infos
 Interaktiv
- Anzeige -

Zurück   BMW 7er-Forum > BMW 7er Modelle > BMW 7er, Modell E38

Antwort

Thema teilen Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 16.01.2003, 18:40   #11
jcarey
Neues Mitglied

Fahrzeug: E38-1998 (740iL)
Standard re: sunshade retro-fit

Zitat:
[i]
Only a question: Do you have put the cable in the fuse box? Its a lot of work.
Or you have put the cable on another Kontakt in front of the car?

Many Greetings Markus
Markus,
The power wire runs into the main fuse box, located in the engine compartment. I made a small hole in the plastic fusebox vent. You are correct that you need a "talented" finger to find the wire. I used a piece of wire coat hanger to push the wire into the fuse box. It pushed the wire to a point I can reach with my hand. I was an electrician when I was young and I used this trick many times.

Alta Vista's "piss poor translation" is here:
Die Energie Leitung läuft in den Hauptsicherung Kasten, gelegen im Motorraum. Ich bildete eine kleine Bohrung in der Plastikfusebox Entlüftungsöffnung. Sie sind korrekt, daß Sie einen "begabten" Finger benötigen, die Leitung zu finden. Ich benutzte ein Stück des Leitung Mantelaufhängers, um die Leitung in den Sicherung Kasten zu drücken. Er drückte die Leitung zu einem Punkt, den ich mit meiner Hand erreichen kann. Ich war ein Elektriker, als ich jung war und ich diesen Trick viele Male verwendete.
jcarey ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 16.01.2003, 20:13   #12
pfoehler
Mitglied

Fahrzeug: BMW 735 E38 Bj.97 ; Golf 4 Bj. 98
Standard Thank you jcarey

I have the instruction too. When the weather is better,
i begin with the work. The Cable-tree is build in and the switch.
Only this cable to the fuse box is missing.
And the next work is to make the slit in the had-plate.

regards Markus
pfoehler ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 16.01.2003, 21:19   #13
Hitcher
Gesperrt

Standard

Hi jcarey,

your welcome. It must be a strange feeling having a car like yours and a speed limit too I've posted an answer in the facelift thread about your great work too. You really did a nice job with your Bettie.
It would be very nice to see your work in real. Will you join us on our next meeting near frankfurt?
Just kidding
Do you have future plans about customizing Bettie?

Geetings,
Hitch
Hitcher ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 17.01.2003, 00:25   #14
jcarey
Neues Mitglied

Standard My future plans for Bettie

Zitat:
Originally posted by Hitcher
Hi jcarey,

your welcome. It must be a strange feeling having a car like yours and a speed limit too I've posted an answer in the facelift thread about your great work too. You really did a nice job with your Bettie.
It would be very nice to see your work in real. Will you join us on our next meeting near frankfurt?
Just kidding
Do you have future plans about customizing Bettie?

Geetings,
Hitch
Hitch, we Californians drive a bit faster than the rest of the US, so it is not so bad to have such a great high speed cruiser like the E38 with low US speed limits (hehe):zwink

I always wish to do more mods to Bettie, my current list is to add Eibach lowering springs and Bilstein HD front struts and rear dampers. I wish I had HID headlights and I may do an upgrade soon as well. Next I am thinking of a Cold Air Intake with cone shaped air filter. One member of the US E38 forum (Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e38/), made one from parts purchased at the local hardware supply store! This is interesting to a "Do it Yourself" guy like me. Once this is done I'd like to find a 16:9 MkIII navigation system to install, but this is a bit too much cost for me today. Finally, I wish to buy a 2001 E38 with these features installed sometime next year. The I will keep this while I wait for BMW to re-design the E65 which I do not like much right now.
Alt 17.01.2003, 12:01   #15
MiamiDolphins
Erfahrenes Mitglied

Benutzerbild von MiamiDolphins

Fahrzeug: BMW 728i E38
Standard

HI jcarey, welcome to the forum
nice work and pictures from bettie:-))))))
will you see more in forum
great time
ridvan
MiamiDolphins ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 17.01.2003, 20:12   #16
chief4
StandlichtXenon driver

Benutzerbild von chief4

Standard hi

hi

i have some questions to you about ur US-740il

why have americans only (or the most) il?? the place?

Automatic: in the US you get only the "old" automatic wre had no "Steptronik", do you know why? an inside unter the steering wheel is no glovefold. do you know why?

an are there any other differents to ther german cars? i know the hp are not so much...

greet

christian
Alt 17.01.2003, 22:51   #17
jcarey
Neues Mitglied

Standard

[quote]Originally posted by chief4
hi

i have some questions to you about ur US-740il

why have americans only (or the most) il?? the place?

Automatic: in the US you get only the "old" automatic wre had no "Steptronik", do you know why? an inside unter the steering wheel is no glovefold. do you know why?

an are there any other differents to ther german cars? i know the hp are not so much...

greet

Christian,
I owned an E32 735i and I always wanted the extra leg room in the rear seats for my guests. When I went looking for an E38, I wanted the iL version. Many US customers like the longer cars for this same reason. Our garages are quite big so there is no concern about parking. For only a few $$ more you get more leg room, and there is almost no difference in the performance of the cars. So why not get the "iL"?

Steptronic auto transmissions are available on the Sport 740i and 750iL models, but for the 1998 year, no sport iL models were offered. If I get my wish and trade up to a 2001 E38, then I may chose a sport model to see what the steptronic is like.

The glovebox on the US car is on the passenger's side of the dashboard. The driver's side only has the parking brake release handle, and the rest is padded. I am aware that the E39 covering of the dashboards is more padded in the US spec cars, because some guys changed their interior to European type to get the more spartan look. Maybe E38s are the same, (more padded?). The US spec B62/M44 engine outputs 282hp @ 5700rpm, and 310ft/lbs of torque at 3900 rpm. Is this much different from the European V-8 specs?

Our lighting systems are different, using the amber colored bulbs or lenses to meet US DOT spec, and the exhaust systems utilize a cataylitic convertor to reduce emissions of harmful hydrocarbons. Other than this, I am not sure what else is different.
Best regards,
John
Alt 18.01.2003, 00:49   #18
House
inaktiv, keine gültige e-Mail

Benutzerbild von House

Standard

Welcome!

Hallo John,
your Bettie look's very fair and beautiful.
Congratulation!

Greetings,
Houseman!

P.S.: My Bimmer is a Crushboy!:zwink
House ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 18.01.2003, 06:04   #19
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard John

in contrast to the wide available space in the states have a look on the limited areas of parking lots in Japan.
This shows the parking lot of my apt. block and the cost per month ist abt. 500 bucks/parking lot And for a bicycle one has to pay 15 bucks, if you are lucky to get a free space. My "byce parking lot" is on floor 8 on the balcony of my apt.
Have also a look on my report about the BMW Club of Japan meeting under community, Treffen. Might be interesting for you.

Interner Link) http://www.7er.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6099

Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort